Energy bites, energy balls, no bake power balls or whatever you like to call them- these guys are making the rounds in clean eating at the moment. They're grain free, dairy free, and gluten free so it's no surprise why! There are so many varities of this recipe too so you can mix it up. These last for about a week. You can also pop them in an airtight container or a zip locked bag in the freezer to save for another time or simply to give them that extra crunch.
What you'll need
- 2 cups walnuts, or other nut/seed of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup of cocao powder
- 2 cups soft Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 2 tbspn of unsweetened cocao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor.
- Form into balls.
- Refridgerate for 30-45 minute.